The Ministry of Spiritual Companionship at Grace Church:
a place of support, learning, growth, fellowship, and collaborative outreach.
Grace Church is a place where we should all feel safe and encouraged to grow in our intellectual and spiritual understanding of what it means to be a Christian today: in our current society, in good times and in bad times, in health and in sickness.
God has given each of us a universal desire to know Him, as well as a unique set of gifts to serve Him. Thus, only when we find ourselves at home as part of a meaningful community, do we also, finally, find ourselves at rest in Him. Our many small groups and educational opportunities help foster our growth in relationship to God, one another, and our "neighbour". Almost everyone will find something of interest among these small-group opportunities.
Please click on the title of each group for more infortmation and upcoming meeting dates.
- Christian Meditation Group: a steady fellowship of those who seek God in the silence of a contemplative prayer.
- In the Footsteps of the Saints: a group that engages in scholarly yet accessible study of classics of Christian spirituality.
- Young Adults’ Club: a group for adults in their 20s to early 40s (dinner, fellowship, and readings).
- Parents and Tots: a group for young children/babies and their parents.
- "The Gifts of the Spirit": a Saturday program for young families and all other individuals under 45 years of age, seeking an alternative/additional time of worship to a Sunday-morning church service.
- Living with Illness: a place for those who are physically unwell and emotionally fatigued, to come and rest in the company of others, seek God's presence togeher, and find some comfort in a simple liturgy of prayer and reflection.
- The Cooking Group: enjoying the fellowship with one another as we cook.
- Exercise Classes: Grace Church creates opportunities for us to take care of our bodies as well as our souls.
- Lenten Wednesday Night Program: a set of Wednesday-night sessions that include dinner, education, and worship over the weeks of Lent. Have a look at what we did last year, and stay tuned for more information for Lent 2017.
Also, please remember that our Sunday 9 am Adult Education classes are open to everyone, whether or not you wish to stay for our worship services. In addition, individual Spiritual Direction is always available from our clergy in one-on-one meetings.