About Our Collection
Our books represent a wide variety of subjects:
- Theology and spirituality
- Dealing with the critical times in one's life
- Fiction (with and without church themes)
- Children will find their books on the shelves on the right as they enter the library, as well as in the children's section of the sanctuary
- A varied and inviting section devoted to the books discussed by the Grace Church on-the-Hill Book & Film Group
Maintaining the library is our way of walking alongside you, as we all strive to follow Christ's command to love God and to love our neighbors as ourselves. Our hope is to:
- Increase your knowledge of the scriptures, history of the church, and Anglican tradition
- Support you at such key moments as birth, baptism, marriage and divorce, and aging and death
- Enrich your leisure time and respond to your varied interests
Using the Library: Finding, Borrowing, and Returning Books
The Grace Church librarians provide "Library Hours" every Tuesday from 2 to 4:30.
At other times you are welcome to come and borrow books whenever you wish, but please check with the Church Office prior to your visit, as the room is often used for meetings.
The catalogue is available on-line, both through the church's website (click on the “Browse” button above) and on the desktop computer available in the Library.
Circulation is self-service. Signs posted in the Library explain how to borrow books, and when and where to return them. Please remember to include your phone number AND the date you are borrowing the book when you sign the borrower's card.